If you haven’t watched the TV programme “Chaychay’s tree house” I would recommend everyone to watch it. But before that, a little piece of advice from me – Do not judge the show by its title, just like I did. Hahahah… Initially, when I heard about this program, the first thing which struck me was that it must be a show for kids. Guess what, I was partially right because I found the particular show relevant for adults too.
The
show teaches us about the importance of asking questions. The show stars two
young girls, Chachay and Chungku who are inquisitive and ask a lot of
questions. The show also stars uncle KD who always comes to the rescue of the
two girls and answers their questions. It is evident from the show that the
first step to learning is asking question. An interesting thing about Chaychay’s
tree house is the way learning turns into a fun activity with the combination
of games and songs which are in sync with a particular concept. I guess any
concept of a particular subject would turn out to be not so difficult if the
process of teaching and learning are gamified. Moreover, Chaychay’s tree house
teaches us about collaborative learning and healthy arguments. Although, it is
uncle KD who teaches the girls most of the time, there are also incident when
he learns from the girls. For an instance, uncle KD learns the concept of color
wheel from Chaychay. Whenever the girls and uncle KD argue with each other
regarding a particular topic, they discuss with each other and end up in a
consensus.
An
important characteristic of the show is its special guest appearance. Inspiring
guests such as the members of parliament, actors, actress, singers, radio
jockey and sportsman adds to the richness of the show. The guests makes the
show even more special by sharing plethora of personal experiences. The show
also highlights the importance of being SMART (sincere, mindful, astute,
resilience and timeliness), a concept introduced by His Majesty the King
himself. What is more, the show reminds us about the importance of
understanding our own history and valuing the rich stories which Bhutan holds.
I
got my first glimpse of Chaychay’s tree house accidentally last year. There was
Ugyen Panday on the screen that time and it got me hooked for a while since I
love his voice and songs. For me, that was the end of the show. I did not know
until recently that Chaychay’s tree house consists of ten episodes. I got
informed about it from one of the facebook posts of Chablop Passang. So, I
decided to invest some of my time watching the show just out of curiosity.
Basically,
I watched the first episode of “Chaychay’s tree house” on trial basis. I would
have stopped watching it had it not fascinated me. However, the first episode
changed my whole perception about the programme. I realized that the show is
not just for kids but adults too. The first episode captivated me and then it
led to the following episodes. Consequently, I finished watching all the
episodes. Yet, I was hungry for some more episode. When I first saw the 10
episodes of the program, I thought it was too long. Now that I finished
watching all the episodes I find it too short and I really wish that there were
few more episodes left or team behind the programme could continue the
programme. All in all, it is an outstanding show and I am already starting to
miss it.
Comments
Post a Comment